Now Hiring On-Call Firefighters
The Charter Township of Flint Fire Service is accepting applications for on-call firefighters.
Applications can be obtained online or at Fire Station #1 at 5331 Reuben Street, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 3:30 pm and must be returned to First Station #1.
Or you can download the application by clicking here
No fire service experience is necessary but preferred. All successful candidates will be trained.
All applicants must bee the following criteria:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must live in or within 1/2 mile of Flint Township
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be minimum 18 years old
- Must possess a valid Michigan Drivers License
- Must possess a phone
- Must have reliable vehicle transportation
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls (when off work)
- Must be able to attend two training sessions a month
- No felony or convictions
Must successfully complete:
- Police background check
- Written test
- Physical test
- Personal interview
- Medical review
All qualified applicants will be notified by mail or phone text of the date, time and place for testing.
If you have any questions please call: 810-600-3207 Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The Charter Township of Flint is an equal opportunity employer